Signal is a free and open-source software application that is available on Android, iOS, and Desktop. It employs end-to-end encryption, allowing users to send text, picture, and audio and video messages securely, and have encrypted phone conversations between Signal users. The app has grown in popularity and is now the favourite of many due to how well it handles its users’ data and privacy.
How to Download Signal
For iOS users
- Go to the App Store present on your Device
- Go to the Search tab
- Type in “Signal” in the search box, to find the app
- Click on “Get” to download the App instantly
For Android Users
- Visit the Google Playstore on your device
- Type in Signal in the Search box to find the app
- Click on Install to download the app to your device
- Open your browser on your computer
- Visit signal.org/download
- Download the right Signal Application for your Operating System
Setting Up Signal
The next step is to then give permission to Signal to access your Contacts, make and manage phone calls, and access photos, media and files on your device.
After giving permissions to Signal, you will be required to input your phone number (with country code), and then Signal will send you a confirmation message. Wait for about a minute if the code does not verify automatically, then go to your text message inbox and then copy the string of numbers sent and input it in the app. After doing this, you’re pretty much done, you can now use Signal to send and receive messages of all sorts.